A New Year's Reflection


It's a new year - a time when we can leave the past behind us and look forward to the future.  As I reflect upon this last year, I realize that I have much for which to be thankful and little that I need to leave behind.  This is a great blessing.

Looking forward to the new year, I don't wish for the big and lofty, but for the ability to relish in the tiny moments that pepper our days.  These are the moments that string our lives together - the smell of hot chocolate, wet, syrupy kisses and the discovery of snow-capped red berries on a gloomy winter's day.

And when the world starts whirring and clamoring around us, I hope that I can still hear the whisper in the wind - that small voice that stills my soul.

Comments

I love, love LOVE this picture. My favorite color- red- and the stark simplicity and beauty of it. Fantastic, Rachel!

Popular posts from this blog

Butter Bean Soup

Dr. Seuss Snacks!

Candy Cornucopia