Don't Let the Quiet Ones Fool You


I love my little baby.  She's kind.  She's peaceful.  She's shy.  She's quiet.  She didn't say a word in class for the whole first half of her kindergarten year.  But she LOVES cheerleading.  Every time I would wake her up on a game morning and help her on with her cheerleading outfit, she would say, "Is today the day we get our trophies?"  "Not today," I would reply, "But soon!"  This was our routine conversation for most of the basketball season.  Finally, yesterday morning, I woke her up and said, "Ella, today is the day you get your trophy!"  

During the awards, my shy little girl walked up on stage to accept her prize.


I think she was happy.  I think she was very, very happy.  


I think that inside that quiet little girl is a comedian or some type of performer just waiting to come out.


Can you see all that personality?


That's my baby and her big sister, growing up WAY to fast!

Comments

Kelly said…
I have a daughter who is painfully shy. She is a lot like me and her father, both of whom were very shy children.

The cool thing is, she also loves to perform. Just like me. I love being on stage. Funny how that works out.

Your girls are beautiful.
Oh my goodness. I love this post. There is so much beauty and hidden potential in our children. I look at mine and wonder what God will lead them to become.

Your girls are precious...but you knew that. ;)

Popular posts from this blog

Butter Bean Soup

Dr. Seuss Snacks!

Candy Cornucopia