Winter Solstice Haiku (December 21, 2012)


Today is the winter solstice which means that up north, we're down to about 8 hours of daylight. Give or take. The way I see it, that's just more viewing time for Christmas lights.  Each day after this is going to get a little bit longer. Since this particular winter solstice also marks the end of a long cycle on the ancient Mayan calendar, I thought I would take time the time to express my thoughts in poem. Enjoy!


Winter Solstice Haiku

On this darkest night
Snow reflects glimmers of hope
Dawn will break again.

Comments

I'm the kind of gal that wishes she could live in Scandinavia in the summer and somewhere along the Equator in the winter. I always look forward to the winter solstice, when daylight starts lengthening again.
Lovely haiku.

Popular posts from this blog

Butter Bean Soup

Dr. Seuss Snacks!

Candy Cornucopia