Hipsterlicious


In case you're wondering where I've been the past few weeks.  I've been at home.  Doing homework.  OK, maybe not actually doing homework (although that would have been easier).  I've been sitting at the kitchen table encouraging homework.  


Two weeks before the end of the trimester,  I realized that my straight-A, extremely responsible Fourth Grader had neglected to turn in the majority of her homework.  It's a new skill they're working on in Fourth Grade.  Independence. And no reminders. This wouldn't have been so bad, but it came on the heels of a personal proud moment of mine. Purging. I'm not very good at that. But on this particular day, I was stunning.


So for days on end, we sat at the kitchen table, re-creating all the work that was done and gone.  Math worksheets. Journal entries. Science crossword puzzles. History assignments.


It all left me feeling somewhere in between being the worst mom in the world for not checking in on her progress sooner and the best mom in the world for letting her suffer life's natural consequences. On the bright side, she really mastered her Math facts and I'm pretty sure her homework now goes straight to the In Basket.


You showed great determination, Arielle, and I'm very proud of you.

Happy 10th Birthday!
Double Digits!

xo
Mom








Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Butter Bean Soup

Dr. Seuss Snacks!

Candy Cornucopia