Spring Flower Cookies


Happy Spring!  I'm saying that out loud in hopes that it will come true.  It didn't feel like spring when I walked the dog this morning in sub-zero wind chills.  The snow crunched under my feet and the wind against my forehead caused a brain freeze - the kind that only feels good when you're drinking a slushee on a really hot day.  They say that  today is the coldest start to spring here in almost 50 years.  It  might not seem likely at the moment, but somewhere in the back of my mind, I know that real spring will eventually arrive!


In Atlanta, March is always marked by the blooming of the daffodils.  Since the weather up here wasn't cooperating, I did my best to re-create spring for Arielle's birthday brunch.  I brought in my own spring flowers, and bagged up flower cookies for take home treats.


I love how simple these cookies are.  
Poured Cookie Icing adds a pop of color and candy melts dot the centers.

Check out Ina Garten's amazing Shortbread Cookie Recipe!



Poured Cookie Icing

Ingredients:

1 cup confectioner's sugar, sifted
2 teaspoons milk
2 teaspoons light corn syrup

Place sugar, corn syrup and milk in bowl.  Stir until mixed thoroughly.  Add corn syrup and mix well.  For filling in areas, use thinned icing (add small amounts of light corn syrup until desired consistency is reached).






Comments

I'm needing some warm weather too, though I shouldn't be complaining as we are at least above the freezing mark. I love your pretty spring bouquet of flowers and the cookies also look great !
Lois said…
What state are you in? Northern Lower MI still has about 36 inches on the ground and it is still snowing...with below average temps predicted at least until NEXT weekend. Would like very much to see/feel some warmer temps.

Unknown said…
Beautiful flower and cookies! Hope that spring arrives for you very soon - I can't imagine having a brain freeze due to the outdoor temps (I'm from FL).

I'd be thrilled if you'd link up at this week's Off the Hook!
Unknown said…
Love these cute spring cookies! Just saw your link over at Tidy Mom and thought I'd come and check it out :)

I'd LOVE for you to link up a few recipes, projects or crafts at my weekend Link Party {The Weekend re-Treat} on The Best Blog Recipes that is going on right now! http://thebestblogrecipes.blogspot.com/

Hope to see you there!
Miz Helen said…
I think that Spring Flowers are my favorite and your cookies will just be perfect to say hello to spring. Hope you are having a great weekend and thank you so much for sharing with Full Plate Thursday.
Come Back Soon!
Miz Helen

Popular posts from this blog

Butter Bean Soup

Dr. Seuss Snacks!

Candy Cornucopia