2-Ingredient South American Chicken


I don't know if they actually eat this delicious chicken dish in South America, but I do know that it has only two ingredients, can be made in a slow cooker and gives me just one more reason to love Costco!


Here it is.  South American Salsa.

If you can't find it at your local Costco, I'm sure the regular mango variety will work. But if you can find it, use the South American Salsa.  It's extra special. And I'm not just playing favorites here.


I think it's the combination of the pineapple and piquillo pepper that give this salsa its distinctive flavor. Just combine 3 pounds of boneless, skinless chicken thighs with one jar of South American Salsa in your slow cooker and walk away.  Come back after 6-8 hours on low, shred, and dinner is ready. What's not to love?


Serve over rice.  Be a hero.

For my round two recipe, I added a couple tablespoons of brown sugar and about 1/3 cup of ketchup to the remaining chicken.  It made delicious barbeque chicken sandwiches!



Comments

Michelle said…
oh this looks so yummy! I wish I could make it...stupid food allergies
Miz Helen said…
I have to look for the salsa, I don't think I have ever seen it, so I am on the hunt! This looks awesome! Thank you so much for sharing with Full Plate Thursday and have a fabulous weekend.
Come Back Soon!
Miz Helen

Popular posts from this blog

Butter Bean Soup

Dr. Seuss Snacks!

Candy Cornucopia