Chalkboard Cookies (Back to School)


I didn't make these.  But that's not the point.  The point is that I think I could have made these!  It's not often that I find really cute cookies that I could possibly duplicate at home.  But these?  Maybe!

Here's how I would do it......

  1. Buy or make some rectangular shortbread cookies.
  2. Frost them with Dark Chocolate.  I know, they used black, but I have an aversion to black frosting.  I think it goes back to my childhood when Black Jack Gum was all the rage. I'm so glad I don't have an older brother!
  3. Outline the chalkboard in melted milk chocolate or melted Peanut Butter Chips!
  4. Use White Chocolate to pipe on the letters.  Do you see a theme here?  I'm a firm believer in cookies that not only look good, but taste good!


But for now I'll just ignore the store clerks at the fabulous Kowalski's Market, carefully arrange the wrapped cookies and take pictures of them.  Because that's what people with iPhones do. :-)

Happy Back to School!










Comments

Definitely a Can-Do cookie to make!

Popular posts from this blog

Butter Bean Soup

Dr. Seuss Snacks!

Candy Cornucopia