Happy Pi Day! 3.14.16



Happy Pie Day!  (Or Pi Day, if you're into math.)  You know, that magic number....  3.14.16. Usually I'm not much of a pie person.  I'd rather eat cake. Or cookies. Or brownies.  But in honor of Pi(e) Day, and to celebrate southern cuisine, I thought I'd make a Peanut Butter Pie.


This recipe is a vegan recipe, which means that it doesn't contain the usual dairy or eggs.  It's not that I have anything against meat (or dairy or eggs), it's just that after being told that I have an allergy/sensitivity to dairy and eggs (WAAAHH!!), I thought that incorporating a few vegan recipes into my existence would allow me to enjoy some of the things that I love in a new and more healthful way.


In this recipe, tofu takes the place of cream cheese and whipped coconut milk takes the place of whipped cream.  But don't worry.  It has absolutely no tofu-ey taste at all.  Really.  I promise.  And since you just added tofu to the pie, it pretty much qualifies as lunch.


That's my story and I'm sticking with it.




Vegan Peanut Butter Pie
by Rachel @ Simple Girl

1 pre-made Oreo Crust
8 ounces silken Tofu
1 cup powdered sugar
1 cup natural creamy peanut butter
2 teaspoons vanilla
pinch of salt
1 can coconut milk (not lite)
1/4 cup powdered sugar
chocolate chips, melted for drizzling.

Mix together tofu, peanut butter, sugar, vanilla and salt.

Chill a separate bowl in the freezer.  Pour 1 can of coconut milk into a class container and refrigerate until it separates.  The "milk" will be white and rise to the top and the "water" will be clear and stay at the bottom.  Skim off the "milk" or "cream" and put into chilled bowl, being careful not to add any of the water.  Add 1/4 cup powdered sugar and beat like you would whipped cream.  Fold whipped coconut milk into the peanut butter mixture and pour into a pre-made Oreo Crust.  Drizzle with melted chocolate chips.  Freeze or refrigerate until ready to serve.

Comments

zerry ht said…
Quite an interesting post! Thanks for sharing it here. I am going to attend a wedding ceremony this weekend at local Chicago venues and having a hard time in finding an awesome gift for the couple. Really want to give them something useful and memorable.
Drag Racer V3 said…
Your post is so great. many thanks for sharing it pianotiles2.com
Ethan Smith said…
We Make Pop Corn Boxes of all type's color, design, size, shape and quality.
Or Order Contact Us .

Popular posts from this blog

Butter Bean Soup

Dr. Seuss Snacks!

Candy Cornucopia